Thursday, June 2, 2011

Does changing icon on the MAC OS MACBOOK have a possibility of deleting all previous files?

JUST YESTERDAY I LEARNED FROM YAHOO ANSWERS HOW TO CHANGE MY ICON. I DOWNLOADED A WHOLE TRUCK LOAD AND GOT EXCITED AND CHANGED EVERYTHING INCLUDING MY MAC HD, MY DOCUMENTS, MY MUSIC, MY PICTURES, AND MY MOVIE, AND INCLUDING THAT ALL APPLICATIONS. I WAS HAPPY AND TURNED IT OFF. BUT THIS MORNING WHEN I TURNED IT BACK ON. EVERYTHING WAS GONE. MY WALLPAPER, ALL MY COLLEGE WORK THAT I DID FOR A YEAR, MY MUSIC, MY PICTURES THAT I ONLY SAVED ON THE COMPUTER, JUST BASICALLY ALL MY SETTINGS INCLUDING MY DOCK. I GOT REALLY FRUSTRATED AND AM JUST TRYING TO DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING AGAIN BUT WHY DID THIS HAPPEN? (I ALSO RENAMED MY HOME. THE ONE UNDERNEATH MY DESKTOP)

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP?Does changing icon on the MAC OS MACBOOK have a possibility of deleting all previous files?
Your mistake was renaming your Home directory.



Your work is most likely still on the computer. You need to change the directory name back to match the short name on your user account.



Here is a tech note from Apple explaining the steps to take:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?



peace





.Does changing icon on the MAC OS MACBOOK have a possibility of deleting all previous files?
Aw, shucks! ;-)

Report Abuse

Does changing icon on the MAC OS MACBOOK have a possibility of deleting all previous files?
No problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment