Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do I change the Excel Icon on a hyperlinked PowerPoint slide?

I am working on a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation and there is a graph that is too big for the slide so my co-worker used the hyperlink option so that when you click on it, the workbook opens in %26quot;pop-up%26quot; window. In the original slide, the hyperlink to click on is displayed as the standard green Microsoft %26quot;x%26quot;. I want to change it to the company's logo.



Does anyone know how to do this? I've tried going into Edit -%26gt; Worksheet Object -%26gt;Convert but I don't think this is what I want to do. I chose the option %26quot;change icon%26quot; but then it just looks for other icons and I want to use a picture (jpg or png).How do I change the Excel Icon on a hyperlinked PowerPoint slide?
An icon is really a bitmap.



Make your picture into a bitmap. You could use the Paintbrush program that comes with Windows. [SaveAS .bmp]



Then find the image through Windows Explorer.

Rename the file extention, .bmp to .ico



The .ico file should show up as an icon selection.



The picture will be displayed shrunken down into the average icon size.





I've changed most of my shortcut icons into pictures of my dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment