Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do you change a Microsoft Word document icon?

I recently downloaded AlienWare GUIse Theme Manager on my XP. But my computer started running slower than usual, so I uninstalled it. But when I did, all of my Microsoft Word documents got a different icon. It looks like a lined sheet of paper with a letter %26quot;A%26quot; in the bottom right corner. It's not much of a big deal, but the other icon looked better. The icons used to look like a sheet of paper with a Microsoft word logo in the top left corner. Now, it looks like an icon from Windows 98. I can't change it because when I right click the file, there is no %26quot;Change icon%26quot; button, so I clicked %26quot;Properties%26quot;. Even there, you can't change it. Help me!How do you change a Microsoft Word document icon?
all i can tell u is to make MS Word default

it will change the icon for all automatically

to do that

right click on any 1 icon

then choose Open With =%26gt;%26gt; Choose Program

and then when u get the list...look for MS Word

but do not press OK



there is a small box under program

saying:

%26quot;Always use the selected program to open this kind of files%26quot;



select that box

and then press ok

this will do it
  • web space hosting
  • pimples stop growing
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment