Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My usb hard drive all the sudden have and folder icon when I open my computer?

And when I click on it, it tell me access denied. So i have to right click on it then click explore. How can I change icon back to an drive icon?My usb hard drive all the sudden have and folder icon when I open my computer?
Its probably a corrupted autorun.inf file



My Computer %26gt; Tools %26gt; Folder Options %26gt; View

Under “Hidden files and folder” choose “Show hidden files and folders”

Remove the tick from “Hide protected operating system files

click ok (when you have finished the below instructions go back and tick these again)





right click on your usb drive and explore



Find the autorun.inf file, right click on it and delete



unplug the usb drive and plug back in

No comments:

Post a Comment