Thursday, November 18, 2010

How do you change MSN Messenger's desktop icon to something else?

I wanna change MSN's icon so it will match my pink hello kitty set but when I try right clicking on it and going to properties I cannot click on %26quot;Change Icon...%26quot; i've also tried right clicking on desktop going to properties and then effects -- MSN isn't there it's only windows defaults like my computer, my documents, network places and recycle bin.



I'm running windows 2k pro, by the way.How do you change MSN Messenger%26039;s desktop icon to something else?
ok ur problem has been solved, when (change icon) is not activated this is mean the icon that u have on desktop is the icon of the general application, so u cant change its icon



all u have to do is going to (C:\program files\MSN messenger)



and click right click on it and then (send to) then (Desktop)



so like this u will have the shortcut on teh desktop



in this time u click on it right click then properities then change icon and enjoy ur pink kit



Best wishes and good luck , if u have any conflict or any questions u can E-mail me or even IM me , and it would be my pleasure to help



best wishes and gd luck , Take careHow do you change MSN Messenger%26039;s desktop icon to something else?
Right click on the icon and create a shortcut. then go to the properties of the MSN icon and set it to hidden. Rename the shortcut to whatever name you want and then do the %26quot;Change Icon%26quot; thingy!How do you change MSN Messenger%26039;s desktop icon to something else?
If i am right you are referring to windows live messenger icon on desktop. Right? If yes then if you cant change the main icon try doing this way. Put the pink icon or whatever you want on desktop, the right mouse click, then properties and in target field type the location of msn exe file. I think it should be like this:

%26quot;C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe%26quot;

Don't forget the quotation marks (%26quot;).

Hope this helps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment