Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I attach an icon to a file?

I have a few internet shortcuts on my desktop and I have the icons I want to put on each one.

I know how to change the icons(right click,properties,change icon)

but now I would like to know how to attach the icon files to the shortcut files somehow so that when I copy the shortcuts onto different computers I can keep the icons (without having to copying the separate icon files as well)



I would really appreciate it if you could help.

Thanks from DanielHow do I attach an icon to a file?
I don't think it can be done. Executables that have their own icons have the icon built in by whatever development environment they were made in. You would have to keep moving the icons around with you if you wanted to keep them.How do I attach an icon to a file?
The previous answer is correct. When I create executable programs, I assign the icon during the compile process.

No comments:

Post a Comment