Thursday, November 18, 2010

DOH! I've changed an icon on my MacBook Pro. How do I change it back again?

I'm new to Macs (my MBP C2D is 3 weeks old), so please pardon my stupidity!



I downloaded an icon set from the Apple website. They were very nice, so I decided to try changing one of my icons.



I'm running OSX Tiger, the latest, withMicrosoft Office for Mac 2004 installed, and I didn't like the Excel icon in the dock. So I went through the process of learning how to change icons and....SUCCESS! I changed it.



But I would like to know how to change it back again. I've searched high and low to find the Microsoft Office for Mac 2004 icon folder, but I cannot find it. Yes, I've used spotlight. So, where is the icon folder kept?



Also, I'd like to know where the Apple default icon folder is hiding too, so that if I change any other icons in the future, I can change them back again.



Thank you!!!!DOH! I%26039;ve changed an icon on my MacBook Pro. How do I change it back again?
the icon is hidden in a hidden file inside the app. when you pasted in the cooler-icon, you clobbered the current-icon.... when you do a simple CUT on the icon... it should return to normal. If not, you've got a 'general app icon' till you do an update from MS (there is one out there!!!!!)DOH! I%26039;ve changed an icon on my MacBook Pro. How do I change it back again?
I'm not grouchy, I'm just drawn that way!

Report Abuse

DOH! I%26039;ve changed an icon on my MacBook Pro. How do I change it back again?
?DOH! I%26039;ve changed an icon on my MacBook Pro. How do I change it back again?
I'm so sorry for you. Did someone force you to switch? I suggest you switch back as soon as you can after your captor has released you.

No comments:

Post a Comment