Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do you change the icon appearance on MacOsX dock?

I downloaded some pictures from pixy dust and Im able to change icons such as generic folders to the new icon picture I have choose (by clicking the %26quot;get info%26quot; and clicking the old icon picture and then pasting my new icon picture) but I am unable to do it on pretty much any other icon such as iTunes, mail, Safari etc. How do I change the icon appearance for these icons?How do you change the icon appearance on MacOsX dock?
You have to enter the folder of the icon you want to change.

Example: I want to change the %26quot;Documents%26quot; icon.

Finder %26gt; Documents %26gt; Double-tab %26gt; Show Info.

Then you find the icon you want instead of the present one. Then:

Copy the wanted icon %26gt; Select the shown icon in the top of the %26quot;Show info%26quot; window %26gt; Paste.



Hope it was helpful :)



Edit: Actually, I recently found out that it's not as easy to change all icons, and sometimes impossible. These might be some of them.

I suggest trying to Google those specific folders :)



I hope that was more helpful, and please; choose a best answer, even if the answer is not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment