Thursday, November 18, 2010

How do I change the icon for an External HD?

I just got an external harddrive and it has this stupid icon and i want to change the icon to the %26quot;Harddrive%26quot; icon. There is no customise or change icon button to push so I can't do it that way. Thanks.How do I change the icon for an External HD?
I have a 500GB myBook from Western Digital and I had the same problem. I just reformatted the drive since I didn't want the stock FAT32. As soon as I did that and restarted, the icon changed to one like an internal drive. So yeah, right click the drive, and reformat it to NTFS. It's much better than FAT32 by handling bigger files sizes and it'll change your icon. However, this may take some time because of the USB hook-up. My drive took about 2 1/2 hours.How do I change the icon for an External HD?
I agree with the above, format it and its gone, as to change it to something %26quot;cute%26quot; I doubt it.
  • wavy hair
  • is hindu name
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment