Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do I change mac Icons on different users that are still admins?

Ok, I can only change them on one user but



whenever I change them they change the



ones on the other user to the ones on



mine! I need to know how to change Icons



on different users and how to do it JUST



on my user please!How do I change mac Icons on different users that are still admins?
There are two programs that I know of that can change icons on the Mac (other than cutting and pasting them in a Get Info window), CandyBar and ShapeShifter. The trick is, if you want to change the icons for just your user account, to install either program for your user only, as opposed to installing it for all users.



Neither of these programs are free, however, and some users are wary of using Unsanity's ShapeShifter because it makes some fairly deep-level changes to the system. If you keep your Unsanity apps updated, though, I have found that they are quite stable. You can find ShapeShifter at www.unsanity.com, and you can find CandyBar at www.macupdate.com or www.versiontracker.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment