Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How can I change a Program Icon?

How can I change an icon and name of a program that is opened on a Windows Vista on the toolbar?

For example, if a game is opened, and I don't want my parents to find out, how can I change it to look like Microsoft Word?How can I change a Program Icon?
You can right click the program you are running and create a shortcut to the desktop, then right click the shortcut you created and click properties from there you can change the name of the shortcut to say..... Microsoft word. You can also change the icon from the same shortcut tab in the properties. I would not suggest editing the original .exe file for the game you wish to run as it can cause it to stop working. By toolbar I am assuming you mean taskbar, and without quite heavily editing the games .exe using a resource hacking program you have little control over what it will say on the taskbar or in the taskmanager, although it varies with different games.

A couple of suggestions I can give you that got me through school playing sneaky games is 1. Minimize the taskbar or 2. download some kind of multiple desktop software, so when you've minimised you can switch to another desktop which appears fresh and nothing will be running on the taskbar, although you cannot stop it from coming up in the task manager. It all depends how clue'd up your parents are, Good luck.How can I change a Program Icon?
Pretty sure your parents will be able to tell a game from Word. Especially since the game's window won't look a thing like Word.



I'd help you with this, but you'll just get caught and punished anyway, so I won't bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment