Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I change the icon for a file?

So I had some files on my computer (cbr) and uninstalled the program it used as a default to open the file. I installed a different program and it didn't recognize this new program automatically so I had to right click, open with, choose program, and browse for the program in C. The icons for these files now have the symbol of the program but on a page with the top right corner folded. How do I get the icon back to just the icon of the program, and not this icon-on-page icon?How do I change the icon for a file?
In Vista anyway, you can right click, properties, customize, change icon, pick a premade icon, or even make your own in 'Paint' as a bmp file and you can have your own custom icon!!!! the premade ones , there are over 100 though.

No comments:

Post a Comment