Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I change the icon associated with a program in XP ?

I've updated my Logic Audio on my PC and now all the logic files have lost their icon. I know how to change the icon for a shortcut, but how do I change the icon for the .lso files themselves?How do I change the icon associated with a program in XP ?
You will have to change the association of the file names i.e. which program opens those file extensions. Right click on the file and choose the program you want to open them with. Then choose 'Open with' from the drop down menu. Choose the program you want to open it with and there's a check box that says 'Always use this program', click that so a tick appears. Then the logic icon should come back as you have chosen it to open the files.How do I change the icon associated with a program in XP ?
Right click the icon choose properties change iconHow do I change the icon associated with a program in XP ?
right click on the icon and goto the file properties. Then click the 'change icon' button to popup a dialog in which you can select any icon you want from the list.



If you want a different set of icons, you can click browse and select other files with icons and choose one of the icons that belong to them. It means you can design your own icon and use it in your favourite app :)
  • dog
  • automatic weapons for hunting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment